Online Course Proposal
Steps to Offer a New Online Course:
The following steps are for courses that have never been offered online at OSU before.
- Receive approval from the department head.
- Complete the Letter of Agreement form:
- Complete the Online and Blended/Hybrid Course Form and attach a weekly course schedule/calendar and syllabus to Angie Sneed.
- If your department will be offering different course lengths (16, 8, 4 ,3 or 2 -weeks) for the same course throughout the different semesters you can submit only one Online Course form and attach the syllabus/weekly course calendar for that online duration.
- If you have never taught an online course at OSU before, complete the CAS Online Development Process.
The faculty developer agrees to offer the course at least three times within three years from the completion of development.
Outreach requires a syllabus 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. Syllabi should be emailed to Angie Sneed.