What you need to know
Achieve your advanced academic goals through our many graduate degree offerings and supporting resources.
Train with outstanding researchers and scholars in CAS at a university ranked among the top (Carnegie R1 Classified) doctoral granting institutions in the US.
The CAS Career Services office provides one-on-one guidance and feedback on career planning and job application materials.
Grad Student Community
Featured Graduate Student Researcher
- Graduate Program: English - Creative Writing, PhD
- Year: Third
- Hometown: Sacramento, CA
- As a creative writer in my early 20s, I had thought the MFA was the terminal degree; my MFA professors introduced me to the idea of a PhD in creative writing.
- Because I love both creative and academic work, I decided to jump headlong into a PhD program at OSU and haven't looked back since.
- It took me learning that it was possible to combine my interests to get me started on a research-centric path.
Research Impacts & Achievements
- My research regarding Filipinx American poetics and Southeast Asian art history relates to individual identity and agency. The biggest impact of my work is that others can see themselves in what I do.
- Individuals who share my marginalized identities deserve to both lead research initiatives and have their cultural contributions be researched.
- I presented my paper at the Art History Graduate Symposium hosted by Florida State University. I received excellent feedback and my paper, "Sino-Filipino Artistic Collaboration: Agency via Ivory Sculpture Production in Seventeenth-Century Colonial Manila", has been published in the journal Anthanor.
- I'm especially excited about this accomplishment because this art-historical research informs the creative work of my dissertation. I'm drawn to interdisciplinarity, so I'm thrilled to continue the work of breaking down disciplinary borders.
- The great thing about completing my PhD here at OSU is that I feel prepared for whichever route I take.
- I am compelled by private-sector or non-profit work where I can use my skills to advance a number of causes.
- I appreciate academia and could see myself becoming a professor at a smaller regional institution.
- I'm keeping my options open!
Advance your education
We are eager to welcome you to the College of Arts and Sciences, and we invite you to learn more about our offerings and opportunities. Key links for prospective and incoming students are available in this section. Take the next step toward advancing your education—join a CAS graduate program!APPLY NOW