Study Abroad Scholarships
Everyone should have the chance for a life-changing study abroad experience, which is why we offer scholarships for students traveling with College of Arts and Sciences study abroad courses. We encourage all students, regardless of financial status, to apply.
We also recommend speaking with your department to see if there are any scholarship opportunities available for your major. You can also speak with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to see what funding options you might have available.
* Please note you must have started an application to a study abroad program online to be eligible for an award. This is true for both the Arts and Sciences and Provost Study Abroad Scholarships.
Arts and Sciences Study Abroad Scholarship
- All OSU majors are eligible for this scholarship.
- Complete the application online.
- Must be accepted into a CAS short-term, faculty-led Study Abroad course for 2023-2024.
- Priority is given to students who demonstrate financial need, and have never traveled abroad.
- Award estimated value: $250 - $500
- Winter Break/Spring Break Programs: Deadline has passed.
- Summer/Fall Programs: January 31, 2024.
Provost's Study Abroad Scholarship
- Fill out the application online.
- Priority is given to undergraduate or graduate students with demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must apply through the OSU online application system to a credit-bearing activity abroad
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Award estimated value: $350 - $750
- Spring Break/Winter Break: Deadline has passed.
- Summer/Fall 2024: February, 1, 2024.
Bailey Family Memorial Trust
* These funds are available for semester-long study abroad students only.
This special scholarship, made possible by The Bailey Family Memorial Trust, provides support for full-time OSU students, regardless of their major field of study, to study the liberal arts at a recognized university outside of the U.S. Since the first awards were made for the 1985-86 academic year, nearly two million dollars has been expended from the trust, allowing over two hundred students to study in 34 different countries.
For more information on the Bailey Family Memorial Trust click here.