undergraduate research and creative activity
What will you discover?Limitless opportunities.
CAS offers numerous ways for you to engage in research and creative activity. Research lets you build confidence and to make important contributions to our knowledge. Getting What sparks your curiosity? Do you have a passion for people, numbers, art, organizations, technology, history, or the natural world? Think about what you’re interested in exploring and why. Get started now!
Research Goals Planning
Discuss your goals and opportunities with Dr. Rachael Eaton, the CAS Program Manager for Student Research.
Quick answers for students interested in research or creative activity at OSU
CAS Research Registration
Students should register with CAS Research for news, updates, and opportunities
Featured Undergraduate Researcher
- Major: English - Screen Studies
- Class of 2023 (and incoming OSU Grad Student) from Tulsa, Oklahoma
- I started doing research in the spring semester 2021. I applied for the AURCA (Advancing Undergraduate Research or Creative Activity) program and wanted to do research of some kind in the English department
- At first, I was hesitant because I did not know anything about linguistics, but I wanted to step out of my comfort zone, so I applied to be a research assistant.
- I worked with Dr. Sarah Loss for two years on the RODEO project (Research on Dialects
of English in Oklahoma)
- My research project is important because I was able to broaden the diversity within the study. I was able to look at minority groups of people and ask them questions that researchers in the past did not think to ask.
- I was able to make the data more diverse, while being more inclusive of demographics that are often overlooked.
- I presented my research at the OSU Undergraduate Research Symposium in April. I also had the opportunity to present my research at the Center of Oklahoma Studies with the Linguistics team from the OSU English department.
- These were great opportunities for me to not only share my work, but also get experience with presenting to groups of people that I am not familiar with.
- In the future, I will be continuing my education. I will be staying at OSU to complete my masters in the Screen Studies program.
- After completing my masters, I would love to get my PhD and become a professor for film/screen studies.