undergraduate research and creative activity
You can be a CAS researcher!The opportunities are limitless!
CAS offers numerous ways for you to engage in research projects and creative scholarly activities. Research and creative scholarship allow you to make important contributions to your disciplines, build confidence, and cultivate community. Getting started begins with you! What are your interests? What sparks your curiosity? Do you have a passion for people, numbers, art, organizations, technology, history, or the natural world? Think about what you’re interested in exploring, and why.
A faculty mentor can help you find your research path or oversee your research or creative scholarship experience.
Your Freshman Advisor or Departmental Advisor can help you narrow your focus and guide selection of research-based courses.
Make a CAS Research Advising appointment in STAR to discuss your research and creative scholarship goals and potential opportunities.
Featured Undergraduate Student Researcher
How did you start researching?
- Plant Biology, Ecology, and Evolution with a Pre-Pharmacy Concentration
- Class of 2022 from Edmond, OK
- My curiosity as a high school student led me to the Freshman Research Scholars program. I thought it would be a great way to connect with students and faculty. This program led me to meet my mentor, Dr. Heejin Yoo.
Research Impacts & Accomplishments
- I study amino acid biosynthetic genes in plant effector-triggered immunity in Arabidopsis.
- This is important because discovering the contribution of amino acids during plant immunity will provide beneficial information for crop yield and management in agriculture.
- Named the Spring 2021 Plant Biology, Ecology, and Evolution Outstanding Senior
- Awarded a 2021 Women's Faculty Council Student Research Award
- I plan to attend pharmacy school to obtain my Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree!