undergraduate research and creative activity
What will you discover?The opportunities are limitless
CAS offers numerous ways for you to engage in research and creative activity. Research lets you build confidence and to make important contributions to our knowledge. Getting What sparks your curiosity? Do you have a passion for people, numbers, art, organizations, technology, history, or the natural world? Think about what you’re interested in exploring and why. Get started now!
Discuss your goals and opportunities with Dr. Rachael Eaton, the CAS Program Manager for Student Research.
Quick answers for students interested in research or creative activity at OSU
Our workshops and resource hub will help you jump-start the research experience.
Featured Undergraduate Student Researcher
How did you start researching?
- Plant Biology, Ecology, and Evolution with a Pre-Pharmacy Concentration
- Class of 2022 from Edmond, OK
- My curiosity as a high school student led me to the Freshman Research Scholars program. I thought it would be a great way to connect with students and faculty. This program led me to meet my mentor, Dr. Heejin Yoo.
Research Impacts & Accomplishments
- I study amino acid biosynthetic genes in plant effector-triggered immunity in Arabidopsis.
- This is important because discovering the contribution of amino acids during plant immunity will provide beneficial information for crop yield and management in agriculture.
- Named the Spring 2021 Plant Biology, Ecology, and Evolution Outstanding Senior
- Awarded a 2021 Women's Faculty Council Student Research Award
- I plan to attend pharmacy school to obtain my Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree!