Studying Abroad can be a life changing experience, and sometimes students need help with finances for the trip. Here are some scholarship opportunities for students traveling on the Arts and Sciences Faculty-Led Study Abroad courses. We encourage all students, regardless of financial status, to apply.
We also recommend speaking with your individual departments to see if there are any scholarship opportunities available for students in your major. You can also speak with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to see what funding options you might have available.
Short-Term Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- All majors are eligible for this scholarship.
- Complete the application online.
- Must be enrolled in a CAS faculty-led Study Abroad course for 2019-2020.
- Priority is given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Award estimated value: $500
- Winter Break/Spring Break: Deadline is October 31, 2019
- Summer/Fall: Deadline is February 1, 2020.
- Fill out the application online.
- Priority is given to undergraduate or graduate students with demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must apply through the OSU online application system to a credit-bearing activity abroad
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Award estimated value: $350 - $750
- Spring Break/Winter Break: Application deadline is October 9, 2019.
- Summer/Fall 2020: Application deadline is February 1, 2020.
Long-Term Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
Bailey Family Memorial Trust
To provide scholarship support for full-time OSU students, regardless of their major field of study, to study the liberal arts at a recognized university outside of the U.S. Since the first awards were made for the 1985-86 academic year, nearly two million dollars has been expended from the trust, allowing over two hundred students to study in 34 different countries.
For more information on the Bailey Family Memorial Trust click here.