Auditions - BFA Degrees
BFA in Acting or Musical Theatre
Our BFA in Acting and BFA in Musical Theatre are specifically designed for artistic excellence. By focusing on honing your craft and cultivating your artistic voice in this world, our programs create theatre makers, not just theatre do-ers. We incorporate entrepreneurial education to help you function as your own creator in this ever-changing world of performance, and through integrated training in performance, voice and movement, you will have the ability to work in any performance medium - stage, film, performance art, physical theatre, dance and community arts.
If you are interested in auditioning for our BFA in Acting or BFA in Musical Theatre, please complete the audition pre-screen forms below that should include a link (YouTube or Vimeo) to your pre-screen audition material.
What to Prepare
BFA in Acting
- prepare two contrasting monologues, one minute each for a total of two minutes.
BFA in Musical Theatre
OSU is a participating institution in the Musical Theatre Common Prescreen. Please follow the link below for more information about prescreen requirements.
- Prescreen Deadline: 2/15/203
- Application Deadline: 5/1/2023
- Song Requirements: Either Option A or Option B
- Monologue Requirements: Option A; 1 Monologue - Contemporary Post 1950
- Dance Submission: Optional Submission
- Ballet Submission: Optional Submission
- Wild Card Submission: Optional Submission
- Digital Prescreen Requirement:
For Auditioners: check out MTCP Prescreen Requirements for time limits, slating, camera setup, and more!
For questions for BFA in ActingLee Brasuell Interim Department Head of TheatreOklahoma State University Department of Theatre405.firstname.lastname@example.org