M.S. and Ph.D. Programs
- What are the application deadlines?
For fall admission the deadline is February 1.
For spring admission the deadline is October 1.
- Is the GRE required?GRE scores are not required. If a student has taken them (which is often the case when applying to several universities), we are interested in seeing the scores, but they are not required. It will not be accounted against you if you do not report GRE scores. The application portal will display that the GRE is required, but we will waive the GRE requirement once all other parts of the application are complete.
- Are GTA positions available and offered?
GTA positions are offered with a majority of admissions. All applicants are considered for GTA/GRA positions unless noted otherwise.
We do not hire GTAs from outside of our department.
- Are graduate courses offered online?We do not offer any of our graduate courses online.
OpportunitiesOur graduate program has resources in place to help you to succeed by connecting within the department and discipline, as well as helping as recognizing your achievements with awards.
Events sponsored by the Math Graduate Student Society encourage growth in the field as well as social company.
- Ran by OSU math graduate students
- Monthly research talks by graduate students
- Provides a sense of community and academic support
Each spring our Annual Student Recognition Ceremony provides the special opportunity to acknowledge the achievements of our students.
- Awards available to recognize students from any specialization
- Recognition for teaching excellence and academic performance
- Opportunity to be recognized multiple times throughout graduate study
Available to any current graduate students, our memberships allow you to join professional associations without any cost
- Mathematical Association of America
- American Mathematical Society
- Association for Women in Mathematics