Resources and FAQs for History undergraduates.
Undergraduate Handbook (PDF)
Enrollment Advising Form (PDF)
Select information on Enrollment Advising from the Handbook: Visit the Registrar's Website to see all the details about enrollment.
- Plan Ahead. Ahead of meeting with your advisor before your enrollment date, review your degree
sheet and all the requirements of your major. Use this, along with the course listings
online, to prepare a proposed schedule with specific courses for next semester. For
students who have completed 90 hours, you can download your most recent Grad Check
and Degree Sheets via STAR star.okstate.edu (under Reports).
- From the Student Self-Service page on Banner, you can check for holds, check your enrollment date, view general education courses, and view available courses and times. This is also where you’ll officially register after your advising meeting.
- Fill out a proposed Enrollment Advising Form before coming to your advising meeting.
- Schedule Your Appointment. You should meet with your advisor in the weeks before your enrollment date, making
an appointment via STAR star.okstate.edu.
- Make note of the purpose of our meeting in the STAR notes: indicate “enrollment.”
- Schedule these meetings as far in advance as possible.
- If you cannot make your appointment, cancel via STAR as soon as possible, so that another student may be able to take your spot. If you are late to your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
- If you are unable to meet in person for any reason, please email me to arrange an alternate means by which we can touch base to confirm your schedule and lift your registration hold.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I declare a History major?
Visit 213 Life Sciences East or call 405-744-5658 to schedule an appointment with the History advisor.
- How do I declare a History minor?
Contact Sarah Mutschelknaus at email@example.com
- What minors in other areas can I consider to go along with the History major?
You can declare a minor in any College, and there’s no restriction on how similar or different it should be from your major. Many History majors do end up minoring in an Arts & Sciences field, because most of those classes then overlap with our degree sheet, especially the Upper-Division Related area, but as long as the extra classes work within your planned graduation timeline, any minors can fit. You can see the full list of minors here. If there are particular ones you’re considering, Sarah Mutschelknaus can help you think about how they might fit with your degree sheet.
A Minor in Forieng Languages goes hand-in-hand with History and is extremely useful if you plan to pursue graduate school in History.
- How do I make an appointment with Sarah Mutschelknaus?
See the full appointment calendar on STAR star.okstate.edu. If you can't access STAR, then email Sarah Mutschelknaus firstname.lastname@example.org with blocks of time you have free in the coming days, and she will reply with an appointment time.
- How do I keep track of what courses I need to take?
- How do I search for courses?
Go to Self-Service at my.okstate.edu. Select “Registration and Planning” in the Student Profile, then “Browse Classes,” and choose the desired term from the drop-down menu. Click “Advanced Search” for expanded search options, such as: Day/time meeting combination; Subject; Course attribute (general education, etc.); Course level (undergraduate, graduate, etc.); Instructional method (Online, Traditional, etc.); Campus.
- How do I find short courses that are offered at unusual times, or for less than standard
Visit this Registrar's page and download the relevant semester's spreadsheet. Once you've downloaded the spreadsheet, you can use the Sort feature in Excel to sort by start date (to find courses that haven't yet begun), number of credits, or any other parameters.
- How do I drop a course? Do I need to meet with my advisor?
Oklahoma State University offers an incredible number of resources to help you succeed.
Please consider utilizing some of these services as needed: