Chemistry Graduate Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to start with?
- an application for admission through the Graduate College
- a non-refundable application fee (the Chemistry Program cannot waive fees)
- a copy of the original transcript from each college or university attended
- a TOEFL or IELTS score if your native language is not English (contact the Graduate College with questions regarding English proficiency requirements)
- correct and current email addresses for 3 references
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Is a GRE Required?
You do not need a GRE to apply for our program. Sending one in doesn't affect your application.
- Do you accept DuoLingo?
No, we do not accept DuoLingo. You must submit official IELTS or TOEFL scores if your native language is not English.
- How long before I hear back?
Typically within six weeks of the current deadline. The current deadline for Fall 2023 is March 17, 2023. Faculty review packets twice a year - one time in Fall (September), and one time in Spring (March). Do not expect to hear from us until six weeks after those deadlines. Always watch the portal for missing information and other updates.
- Do I send you my application materials?
No. All materials must be uploaded through the Graduate College portal. The Chemistry Program can only view completed packets from the Graduate College. Sending us your materials will only delay the process.
- Do International Students have a different deadline?
International Students should adhere to the posted deadline, as travel, visas, and other complications can arise. The deadlines are set so International Students can apply in a timely manner. Domestic students, or International students already located in the United States, will be considered on a case by case basis after the posted deadline.
- Should I contact a member of Faculty before I apply?
No need! You do not need permission from Faculty to apply to our program. And the best part is, if accepted, you can spend your first semester meeting all the Faculty and deciding on who you want to advise you on your academic journey.
- Can I have an assistantship?
Most of our Graduate Students have assistantships. Make sure to check the correct box in the application so we know you are wanting financial support.
Graduate ApplicationFor Admission at Oklahoma State University
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CHEMCowboy! Complete this application to be considered for graduate admission at OSU.
Start my application