COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
FY 2015 Dean’s Incentive Grant (DIG) GUIDELINES
DEADLINE: MARCH 3, 2014 at NOON
Applicants must be full-time, tenure track faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences in FY 2015 (July 2014-June 2015) at the assistant professor level or higher who are in their first two years of employment at OSU. Applicants must also have less than $25,000 in OSU start up funds.
Visiting professors, department heads, and those hired as assistant or associate professors with more than $25,000 start-up are not eligible. The >$25,000 start-up requirement may be waived in cases where the DIG award will be used to provide mandatory cost share for equipment on a funded research grant or as a Vice President for Research match.
Award Level and Funding Period
Awards are for a maximum of $3,000 and can be used for summer salary, research assistants, supplies, and travel. Summer salary can only be used in July or August 2014. Funds become available on July 1, 2014 and must be used by June 30, 2015.
DIG Application Format
Proposals must not exceed two, single-spaced pages.
All applicants must include requirements 1 through 5 below, and proposals must be single spaced with one-inch margins on all sides. Use of Times New Roman 11 or larger is preferred. The applicant’s name and department should be listed as a header in the upper right hand corner of each proposal page.
Appendices and other attachments will be returned to the applicant without consideration. Second year DIG applicants must include requirement # 6 on a separate sheet of paper using the same spacing, margin, and font instructions.
1. Proposal Title
2. Abstract (one paragraph overview of research/creative activity)
3. Project Description: approach, methods, expected outcomes, how project will enhance your scholarly career and advance your field, and how project will aid your ability to acquire external funding.
4. Budget (not to exceed $3,000). Funds can be used for salary, travel, graduate assistants, and/or supplies/other. Funds cannot be moved between categories after the budget has been approved. Omission of a budget will cause the proposal to be returned without review.
5. Abbreviated CV (limit to two pages)
6. Faculty who received DIG funding previously: a description of extramural proposals submitted or to be submitted for the period July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 and a list of scholarly publications, presentations, performances, and/or exhibitions resulting from the previous year’s DIG funding. This mandatory information does not count towards the two page limit, but should be limited to one page.
Submission Information and Deadline
Proposals must be submitted to your department head first; therefore check with your department for internal deadlines. The department head will submit all proposals as one packet addressed to Tory Lightfoot, 202 LSE, BY NOON, ON FRIDAY, MARCH 3, 2014. For questions, email Tory at email@example.com or call 405-744-3336.
Notification of Funding Decision
Applicants and department heads will receive an email and written notification of funding decisions on March 17, 2014. Those accepting DIG funds will be asked to submit a short deliverable to administratively close out the award by October 15 2015 (salary): July 15- followinng year (travel and supplies)