COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
FY 2015 Fall Travel Program – GUIDELINES
A competition for an award to conduct research and research-related travel
between July 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014
DEADLINE: MARCH 3, 2014 at NOON
The A&S Fall Travel Program supports research and research-related travel by providing grants up to $500 for travel in Oklahoma and contiguous states and up to $1,000 for travel outside the Oklahoma region. Funds may be used to visit collections or research facilities, conduct research, meet with research collaborators, visit program managers when trying to secure extramural funding for research projects, or defray costs of attending a conference when making a professional presentation. Travel must occur between July 1 and December 31, 2014. Funds that are not utilized during the funding period will revert back to the Travel Program on January 1, 2015.
Tenure and tenure-track faculty members
1. Value of the plan of research or scholarly activity
2. Demonstrated need for funds
3. Recommendation of Department Head
4. Productivity as evidenced by an abbreviated CV that contains recent publications, presentations, and sponsored research projects
Proposals should not exceed two single-spaced pages and must be typed using a font size 11 points or larger.
1. Applicant’s name and department listed on the upper right hand corner of each page
2. Project Title
3. Travel Destination
4. Project description:
• Research projects should address the nature of the research to be conducted, past progress, and whether the research is part of a funded project or the initial work being done.
• Projects to visit program managers should briefly describe the anticipated project and include the program manager’s name, agency name, and program.
• Conference presentations should include conference title, location, and working title of the presentation. Travel funds are not intended for conferences without a presentation.
5. Curriculum vitae (2 pages or less) should include current and pending grants and publications for the last three years.
6. Project Budget
7. Do not attach appendix material.
Proposals must first be submitted to the Department Head. Please check with the department for internal deadlines. The Department Head will rank and recommend the department’s proposals and forward a single package to Tory Lightfoot in Research Support Services, Room 202 LSE, by noon on March 3, 2014. This deadline is firm.
Proposals will be evaluated by an anonymous panel consisting of three or more faculty from the college who represent the sciences, social sciences, arts and/or humanities and have not submitted an application in response to this RFP. Panel members will independently review and rank each application using these guidelines and departmental ranking letters. Final funding decisions will be made by the Associate Dean for Research.
Applicants and Department Heads will be notified of awards and/or declines on April 10, 2014.
A short description of the research travel is a condition of award and will be due by February 15, 2014 to administratively close out the award.